Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vogue!


Share

Fake lashes?  Red heels?  On a Wednesday morning?  No, I'm not starting a cottage business, I had a photo shoot!  Ok, photo shoot might be a bit of an exaggeration, but a photographer for the Register did come over this morning to snap my pic for an upcoming article about me. 

Yup, I'm going to be in the paper & I didn't even have to die to do it!  Next month's Q Magazine insert (in your Des Moines Register on February 18) will have an article about little old me & my efforts to shrink my rump to a more manageable size. 

I'm super excited, but there's a weird element that I hadn't anticipated when I agreed to do it.  I'm afraid of people looking at the picture, not reading the article & saying, "Yeah, but she's still fat."  I would probably do the same.  As a work in progress, it makes me nervous to put myself out there & have strangers judge me as a final product.  But I guess that is no different than when people judged me before I had shaved off some pounds, an idea that I am very comfortable with.

Ultimately, it will be nice to have something to send to my grandma to show off all of my hard work, & in the mean time, I'm in heels again!  Obesity doesn't mesh well with impractical footwear & now I can spelunk the depths of my closet for all manner of ridiculous options, made more ridiculous by the fact that I will be wearing them to "work" with yoga pants & a hoodie.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Things are getting serious! Be careful with those photographers. They'll take a pic of you lookin' all sassy and you'll never be able to live it down. Your story is inspirational, if people judge, screw em. It's better to be a divider than a uniter anyway.

    ReplyDelete