Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Like to Move It (Move It)!


Share

Holy Unexpected Outcome, Batman!  I started working out in July.  Sometime between now & then I apparently had a mental shift.  On Tuesday, I had planned to workout in the morning, but life got in the way & it didn't happen (poor Dave & his sprained ankle!).

Old Sara's Response: Yahoo!  I didn't have to go OR feel guilty about not going because it wasn't my decision to not go.  That's the same as going, right?  Sweet.  That means I should have a doughnut for breakfast to reward myself.  This is going to be a great day!

New Sara's Response: Blurg.  I was looking forward to that workout & now I feel sluggish & slow.  I really need to get moving the rest of the week to make up for it.

To be fair, I didn't have my epiphany until sometime Tuesday evening when I realized that I had wasted the whole day & moped around feeling lazy.  That was when it hit me that I have turned into one of those people that I used to think were nuts, one of those that don't feel like the day starts until after the workout.

I'm left with the ideas that a)spending energy actually gives me energy & b)I have the power to positively affect the scale & my pants size by moving more.  Funny how that's what any nutritionist, trainer, or thin person could have told me, but sometimes it just clicks better when I do a little hands on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment