Monday, March 14, 2011

Whip It


Share

If you live in the DSM area & you get disgruntled in crowds like I do, then maybe you've gone to Merle Hay Mall in the past couple of weeks to avoid the epic amounts of hormone addled, tweens in skinny jeans that populate the bigger malls.  If you HAVE been to Merle Hay recently, then maybe you have seen the billboard featuring my beloved Rebecca Meyer (from BL) touting "Whip It 180"...whatever that is.  Maybe the billboard is elsewhere, too, but a couple of days ago I saw it by the mall & my Rebecca obsession demanded that I figure out what it was about.

I came home and bravely googled the words I remembered from the billboard (Rebecca + Meyer + Whip + It).  Instead of unseemly content, I found that Wellmark is putting on some sort of fitness challenge & Rebecca is the celebrity/trainer involved.  It took me exactly 3.7 seconds to decide to enter the contest.  I wrote up the little essay, waxing poetic about Rebecca & the idea that I wanted to attain fitness along with thin-ness. 

Suffice it to say, I didn't get selected, but I am chalking that up as a win.  From the looks of things, they were looking for Old Sara, & she don't live here no mo'!  Even though I won't be getting the swag or the chance to meet Rebecca & try to gather her hairs to make a creepy Rebecca shrine, I think I am going to sign up for the culminating fun run.  Here's to wishing the best of luck to all of the semi-finalists & getting ready for one mile on April 26: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the creepiest blog posts I've ever read. Bahaha! You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Katie (Borton) is one of the semi-finalists.... you should go back and vote for her!! :)

    ReplyDelete