Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Can't Believe I Ate...er...Ran the Whole Thing


Share

Better late than never: Honey, your anniversary gift from October has been delivered.  Happy 5K...1K per year. 

What a day!  I'm feeling a little swirly in the head yet & really haven't processed it all, but I did it & I exceeded my expectations.  I wanted to:
  • finish under 45 minutes (40 if I was really "flying")
  • run for at least 26 minutes straight (beating my previous record of 25 minutes)
I did that & more.  Unofficial time off of Dave's Garmin is just under 39 minutes & I didn't walk once.  Not that I didn't want to...oh, how I wanted to. 

I think the blow by blow post mortem will have to wait for another day because my head is just too discombobulated, but here are some pictures to prove that I didn't just skip out & have a cold one at the High Life Lounge while Dave did all the work.

Packet Pick-Up
Lincoln Doing "Blue Steel" in My New Shirt
Before--Overcast Skies!!!
After--Sunny & Bright

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love that your $100/100# shirt is your race shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. How fun that you two are now running together, must feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete