Thursday, April 19, 2012

From the Outside, Looking In


Share

I'm having a moment.  From the outside, it's easy to see the changes that I've made as they manifest physically in the size of my tush.  But from the inside, I'm just a mom of two little kids, living every day life--just trying to keep my sanity through potty training & muddy shoes & drama filled temper tantrums. It's really easy for me to forget how everything has changed over the last two years until something makes me step outside of myself & look inward. 

A quick little FB post last year after running the Grand Blue Mile (my first ever race/mile run) turned into event promoters asking me to make a video promoting this year's event.  In making the video & now watching it, I am just. so. thankful.
  • I'm thankful for my girl who changed my life in more ways than a normal child should have to change a parent.
  • I'm thankful for my hubster who is the perfect blend of support & encouragement & patience & intuitively knows when to push me & when to shut up.
  • I'm thankful for my mom who reminded me that all parents want their children to do "more" than they themselves have done & in doing that children honor their parents' hard work & sacrifices.
  • I'm thankful for my friends who have had to listen to me prattle far too much about all things weight related.
  • I'm thankful for a friend who unknowingly kick started an exercise revolution in my life with the gift of a pair of shoes.
  • I'm thankful for my Weight Watchers leader, who is hysterical--& in my opinion hilarity is the BEST way to face any problem, weight related or otherwise.  It was also her idea for me to write my list of 25 Reasons I'm Changing My Life (write one of your own if you need a motivation boost!).
  • I'm thankful for my very favorite Curves employee who measured me every month...even when I didn't bother to shave my legs but wore Capri pants anyway.
  • I'm thankful for good friends who don't treat New Sara any differently than Old Sara.
  • I'm thankful for the agog looks of people whom I haven't seen in a while.
  • I'm thankful for people that I don't know in the real world, but bolster me up every day on the interwebs.
I've put a lot of work into my 120 lbs removed, but today I'm blown away by all of the work that those around me have done & I'm very very thankful.  Y'all saved my life--thanks!

And all of that came from watching this:

No comments:

Post a Comment