Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just Do It


Share

Sigh.  It seems that all I'm doing lately is confessing.  So here goes another:

I don't enjoy working out.  I just don't.  I really try to love it & I certainly love the feelings of accomplishment & power when I'm done & of course the results are hard to deny, but heading out the door to work out is my own personal green mile, every time.   

Since the 5k, my motivation to hit the pavement or do any form of exercise has absolutely tanked.  I came up with a laundry list of lovely excuses:
  • I need to rest
  • Dave needs the work out time (there is some small amount of legitimacy to that as he just completed his first 70.3 this weekend & has needed all of the training time he could get--sooooo proud of him, by the way!)
  • I don't have any clean work out clothes
  • It's too hot
  • The moon isn't in the right phase
Bottom line, that's all rubbish.  I know it's rubbish & now it's time to take out the trash.  I went back & read my post from eve of Dam to Dam & it all came back to me: motivation!  Here I sit in my running clothes, ready to sleep in them so that I have NO excuses tomorrow morning.  With my iron deficiency diagnosed & me already feeling better for just a handful of those magic pills, there is no reason that I shouldn't be jumping back into activity as I have jumped back into tracking.  My plateau is behind me & I am ready to take on the last 18.2 lbs to my goal.

I don't have to love exercise, I just have to do it.

1 comment:

  1. If you're ever looking for a change or new workout to try, you're always welcome to join me at the gym for one of my classes... Body Pump, Body Attack and Zumba are the three I do the most. I've also done others (Step, Spin, etc) that I'd do again if you ever wanted to try them. It's an open invitation! I know I find exercise more fun when I know I'll be seeing the friends I've made in class and get to chat with them a bit before, after and sometimes during.

    ReplyDelete