Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Skirting the Issue


Share

I thought that this would be THE summer...the summer I took the plunge back into shorts after a 15 year hiatus. 

Sadly, traditional shorts are still not in my wardrobe.  The skin on my thighs is just too saggy still.  le sigh.

BUT, I do have one pair of Bermudas that will do in a pinch (I'm not convinced that they are my best look...they really cut me off) & I've rediscovered the glory of the skirt.  It's not the most practical item of clothing for maintaining respectability whilst chasing my kids all over creation, but it certainly helps beat the heat.

Because everyone gardens in a skirt, right?
All in all, I'm quite thankful to these new wardrobe additions because it is STILL beastly hot here in the Midwest, with no end in sight.  I knew it was too hot for civil society when Lincoln opted to go into the library rather than stay outside & spend more time looking at the garbage, fire & police trucks that they had out on display.  I didn't argue with him, even in my summer dress it was too too hot for this cat...but it would have been even worse in my prior summer-standard capris! 

I'll take the small victories where I can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment