Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"We Were On a BREAK!"


Share

Taking a page out of the iconic Ross/Rachel "Friends" break-up, I gave myself a break.  And made some bad choices.  Apparently I'm Ross in this analogy. 
  • I took a break from writing.
  • I took a break from tracking.
  • I took a break from Facebook (for the most part).
  • I took a break from the treadmill.
  • I took a break from beating myself up.
  • I took a break from guilt.
  • I took a break from accountability.
  • I took a break from psycho analysis.
  • I took a break from not eating fried foods.
  • I took a break from the four food groups.
  • I took a break from meal planning.
  • I took a break from cooking.
  • I took a break from measuring portions.
Today, break is over.  I'm not sad that I did it.  In fact, I'm kind of happy.  I failed miserably at my plan to get to goal weight by the New Year, but failure isn't the end of the road, it's the beginning of a new road.  I gained a couple of pounds, & will likely see more gain on Saturday, but that also isn't he end of the road.  I feel revitalized.  I feel refreshed.  And, oddly, after all of my largely unfettered eating, I feel...HUNGRY.  My body needs some real fuel.  Frosted sugar cookies don't have as much nutritive value as I had hoped. 

Last night I cooked a real dinner & this morning I ate a real breakfast.  This afternoon I'm going to go downstairs & get reacquainted with my treadmill & later today I will work up some menu plans for the coming week.  Break is over & it feels good!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for recognizing that the "break" was not reall a break, but rather an "intermission". Time for the show to resume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a break does you good sometimes. It kick starts your body when you get back on track and it makes you appreciate healthy eating more. You are getting back into making good choices again, and that's the important thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon sometimes a break is the best thing we can do for ourselves because we come back swinging afterwards. Good for you getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete