Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lightening the Mood


Share

And now for something a little less heavy...well actually it ended up being quite heavy...different kind of heavy...oh, just look at the pictures, you'll see what I mean.

For my son's birthday, I wanted to make him a workbench.  I scoured Pinterest for a couple of reference ideas & decided that the best route was to customize an existing piece of furniture.  We had a castoff, press board microwave cart that had been filling in as an entertainment center until we customized a dresser for that purpose.  Instead of donating the cart to Goodwill, we took this:
And turned it into this:

The best part: Lincoln played with it on his birthday for the WHOLE DAY STRAIGHT.  
And while this seems completely unrelated to the topic at hand, I will say this.  Old Sara lacked the confidence to take an idea (which she had scads of) & try to bring it to fruition.  New Sara has picked up a little self confidence that ripples beyond the shape of her rump to the shape of her goals.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I feel the same way! Now that I have finally been able to make changes in my body, that confidence has spilled over into so many other things. :) Good for you! The bench looks awesome, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That work bench is really fantastic, nice work! Looks like SOMEBODY will finish your basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the measuring tape detail and the molding along the bottom and the peg board! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Sara. Dave and Linc are lucky men.

    ReplyDelete