Sunday, October 9, 2011

5K Strong


Share

Who's run two 5K's & feeling strong?

This girl.

As I said on Friday, food choices may be the engine of shedding pounds...but nothing beats the feeling that you've "leveled up" physically & can accomplish anything you put your mind to. 

We had a super-busy weekend that kicked off what amounts to a super-busy, fun-filled, crazy sprint all the way to Christmas...who cares?  I do, because I know my strong body can handle it.  Old Sara would get stressed looking at a full calendar & wonder when she would find the energy to pee, let alone make Halloween costumes or go Christmas shopping or catch a musical (can't wait to take Lincoln to "Beauty & the Beast!").  New Sara is still a little stressed, but not because I worry that my body can't handle all of the brew-ha-ha that the next couple of months entail.  Running has taught me that I KNOW my body can do it...as long as my mind cooperates.

While beating my prior 5K time by 6 whole minutes certainly doesn't hurt my feelings, the biggest rush (& still novelty) is in the idea that I did it at all.  I love that I feel like my body is worthy of all of the things that I have to do, want to do, & need to do.  For so many years, my body betrayed me & failed me & limited me.  Now my body is 5K strong.

1 comment: