Monday, October 10, 2011

Mawage is What Bwings Us Togethew Today


Share

Saturday was our sixth anniversary (side note to Dave because I know he will read this: I accidentally typed "sith" anniversary initially...are you Vader or the Emperor?).  Grandma & Grandpa watched the kids overnight, we went out downtown, I ate delicious seafood & creme brulee, we sipped coffee outside on a beautiful night.  It was marvelous, but all fairly boring for the interwebs, so I'll skip to the good stuff...no, not that...

This is me in my wedding dress on my wedding day...

This is me in my wedding dress last year...it finally fit again (& was a little baggy on top)...


This is me in my wedding dress this year...had to put a cami under it so that it wasn't NSFW...

Every girl, at every size, deserves a dress that makes her feel beautiful, & my wedding dress certainly did that for me.  Even though I was married at a size with which I wasn't comfortable, I felt beautiful that day.  However, this dress, at my current size, doesn't make me feel so hot (or maybe it was the schlumpy hair...).  Anyway, I got a new dress to make me feel beautiful at this size....

Someday I'll learn to use a photo editor, but for now, we'll just have to look past the off-center pic taken by hotel cleaning staff.  The shoes are a particular source of joy for me.  They were to have been my wedding shoes, but a weight related issue caused me to have foot surgery two months prior to the wedding, so I scrapped the pretty heels & went for more sensible platform flip-flops (so that I didn't have to get my dress re-altered).  My wedding shoes got their first use on our anniversary, awww...& then I nearly wiped out because the bottoms were still slick.  I may be all gussied up, but I'm still the clumsy bull-in-a-china-shop that Dave picked on purpose. 

1 comment:

  1. Damn, girl! That's pretty smokin' for Des Moines! (or even Manhattan). We're so proud of you. We think of you guys often.

    ReplyDelete