Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Voodoo Tuesday: Pack Some Heat


Share

Voodoo Tuesday: My effort every week to remind myself of the million pieces of voodoo (also known as good habits) that are progressing me on my journey.  Today's voodoo...

Pack Some Heat
By heat, I clearly mean food--a healthy girl's secret weapon.  My family is getting ready to go on a pretty big trip.  Luckily, I will have access to a kitchen at all stages of our trek (minus road time), which is a big help, so I'm planning on packing everything but the kitchen sink.  If I have a selection of foods that I know are good & good for me, I'll be better able to maneuver the inevitable vacation pitfalls & try to find some balance between splurges & fuel.  Planning is power. Here's a list of the food & supplies I'm taking (as of right now...I know there will be more once I go to Target tomorrow):
  • Fat-Free Coffeemate (I know, it's not real food, but gas station creamer isn't either & it's NOT worth the points)
  • "Squeezy"-sauce (my son's name for unsweetened applesauce that comes in a pouch for easy slurping)
  • Reduced Fat Triscuits
  • Cheese sticks
  • Grapes
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Water bottles
  • Homemade granola bars
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Peanut butter
  • Dried blueberries & cherries
  • Bananas
  • Whole wheat pumpkin bread
  • Beef sticks
  • As much coffee as I have Thermoses for
  • Milk
  • Measuring spoons, measuring cups & plastic cutlery
  • Lots of baby wipes, empty grocery sacks & a small bottle of dish soap to help clean-up
Good thing we have the van...we need it to haul all of my provisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment