Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cake-rilige


Share

Big day at my house yesterday!  No, my daughter didn't string together multiple words & yes, my son's preferred place to deposit feces is still his pants BUT...I threw away cake.

Some people "Cheers" with cocktails...
Let's rewind to last Tuesday.  I was making my daughter's birthday cake & I decided that I could make a fake cake since it was just for the four of us & my family has learned to deal with my cooking substitutions.  Egg whites & applesauce definitely make an inferior cake, but not a horrible cake.  Old Sara didn't even know you could make substitutions, let alone know how to make them.  Victory one?  Check.

On Wednesday, while covering the remaining 14 pieces of the previous cake, I had the thought that I should make myself a birthday cake for Thursday.  So I said to myself, "Self, you can stick a candle in a piece of Coraline's cake."  Old Sara would have rationalized the need for a second cake in the name of birthday fun--& then eaten it all with glee within a week.  Victory two?  Check. 

And now for the icing on the cake (te he he): yesterday I put the last four pieces in the trash.  In the trash!  I'm not evening using the word "trash" as a euphemism for my mouth, I really mean the can under my sink that is in desperate need of emptying as we speak!  There's an episode of "Sex and the City" where Miranda has an illicit relationship with a chocolate cake.  For most viewers it was a bit of comedy on TV...seemed more like reality programming to me.  While Old Sara never fished baked goods out of the garbage, eating the lion's share of a cake in a day wasn't out of the question.  Victory three?  Check.

The best part?  I didn't agonize over any of those choices.  Talk about a lifestyle change!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I found your blog through the Curves facebook page. Thanks so much for sharing! I think I might start something like this. I think it would really help my motivation if I were more "exposed." :)

    One suggestion - just from a graphic designer's perspective. It's really hard on the eyes to read white type on a dark background. Any way you can change the layout?

    ReplyDelete