On the list of things I did not do today:
- I did not make my bed.
- I did not put on make-up to take my kids to their gym class.
- Heck, I did not shower to take my kids to their gym class.
- I did not put the next coat of Polycrylic on my counter.
- I did not help my kid decorate his school bag.
- I did not do the two loads of laundry that I had planned, nor did I fold the two loads sitting in the basket from yesterday.
- I took my kids to their gym class & ran & threw & kicked & obstacle coursed with them.
- I took my kids to see GG (an hour away).
- I got my hair cut.
- I drove home from GG's with a couple of fussy, then sleeping kids.
- I went to Zumba.
- I ate dinner at home from the nutritious (if monotonous) dinner that I had planned & prepped ahead of time.
- I did not give in to the strong desire to "grab something quick" for dinner.
- I did not ditch Zumba because I was "too tired."
Here's what I did to cope. I decided that I wasn't going to be a foregone conclusion. I sent an email to a few sisters-at-arms to keep me accountable. And I pre-wrote this post...as I "speak" it is 7:00 AM. I'm posting it either way, but here's to hoping I don't have to add an embarrassing coda.
Great Scott!--Flux Capacitor, don't fail me now.
Literally as I was sitting putting the finishing touches on this post at 5:00 this evening, I got a call from my hubby. "Working late, eat without me, sorry about Zumba." It took me five hours to get up the gumption to say this...
Today I did not:
- I did not go to Zumba.
- I did not go out to eat. (I am counting this as an even bigger victory than previously planned because I RE-HE-HE-HEALY wanted to scoop the kids up & find a drive-thru.
Poor Dave, he feels like a heel, but I'm not upset. I did the best with the cards that I was dealt & that's what life is all about. Flux Capacitor...fluxxing.