Saturday, August 6, 2011

Four Weeks For Health: Week 2


Share

I'm half-way through my Four Weeks For Health mini-goal: lose 1 lb per week in four consecutive weeks to put me into my healthy weight range.

Week 2 Actions (what I did differently):
  • I maintained progress.  I made a conscious effort to continue the positive steps I took in Week 1 while implementing some new strategies to keep the ball rolling.  That doesn't sound like a big deal, but for me it is.  Often I get distracted with new things & let the old habits slide.
  • I drank.  Ok, a bender would probably be counter effective, so I stuck with water.  I run hot & cold with my water consumption.  I've been in a cold stage, so I kept track of how many times I filled up my 30 oz hospital mug & shot for at least 2, sometimes 3 of those each day. 
  • I squeezed in some activity.  I spent a lot of time this week waiting.  While Link was at Dino Camp, I didn't want to drive all the way back home to turn right around again to pick him up, so I walked a nearby mall.  Old Sara would have gone to the mall & sat while Coraline played--it wouldn't have ever occurred to Old Sara to use the time for exercise.  New Sara realized that there was time for a 5K walk & playtime, too.  While I wasn't able to get my regular morning workouts in, I still found a way to be active & that makes me pretty proud.
Week 2 Results: Down 1.4 lbs!

I'm in striking distance!  With my overages from the past two weeks, I'm only 0.6 lbs away from healthy.  If I hit my 1 lb goal next week, I'll be a healthy weight for the FIRST time in my adult life.  This week I had a moment of appreciating how far I have come & how the possibilities in my life have opened up because of the changes I have made.  This picture (with horribly chipped nails & all) represents me sitting in the way-back seat of our van, smooshed between two preschoolers in booster seats.  We were able to all squeeze in (with two additional kids & one additional adult) & have a fun outing to the Balloon Classic, made more fun because the two families were able to ride together & share the car ride as part of the adventure.  Old Sara's rump would not have fit...New Sara's rump BARELY fit.  But it did fit & it was a nice reminder of all of the things I can do without being held back (either physically or mentally) by my weight. 
I'm flying high & ready for Week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment