Friday, August 26, 2011

My Office Nook


Share

I moved my favorite chair today. 

I spend a lot of time at my desk.  From menu planning, to shopping lists, to this little rag, I'm sitting here in front of this little screen.  From the moment we set up a desk in our bedroom it was a practical place for me to do the things I need to do for both for my journey & our family, but I absolutely hated the way it looked.  And I still do, but I hate it a little less because I've got my favorite chair to rest my rump where previously I had a ratty old office chair.

Why is this relevant?

Because I moved the chair.  I didn't write it on a to-do list for Dave to do it later.  He has enough lists & I realized today that I can do it myself...or to quote Coraline, "I-SEF!!!"  I pulled it out of the corner in the living room where it wasn't getting used because it was too cramped.  I flipped it over & was aghast by the cobwebs that wafted as I unscrewed the legs.  I cartwheeled it up the stairs & up & over the corner of the bed to get it back behind the desk.  And I sat & enjoyed it while I wrote this post, realizing that it is too short for the desk...sigh.

So my office nook is still a work in progress, but it is better.  Along with the chair, I also brought up an unused ottoman from our veritable store of a basement to hide printer paper, stationery & other office supplies.  I made plans to skirt the open glass & metal desk that I have rather than pining after a cute wood writing desk that I don't need.  Most importantly, I reconnected with the fact that my body is capable to do the things that I want to get done. 

Bring on the glue gun & the spray paint, it's time to get my DIY on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment